8 years competitively
Tables Played On
Tornado, Fireball, Warrior, Garlando, Leonhart, Bonzini
When and How I Started Playing
The first time I touched a foosball table was in 2003 when I was working as an intern at the Toronto IBM Software Lab. They had Garlando tables and some pretty poor quality balls. The game was fast paced and most of us had no ball control. I was lucky, as a good friend played foosball in his high school days and taught me to stop the ball and do a pull shot from the back – that was the beginning of many long foos nights.
How that led to Tournament Play
Foosball stayed extremely casual for me until my husband and I moved to California in 2007 and found ourselves in a pool hall with Tornado tables. While we were fooling around on the new table, a sweet old man came up and invited us to play in the local league. Because my mother-in-law was very sick, we flew back and forth between Toronto and California for the next 1.5 years and foosball became a necessary distraction. Long nights were spent with the boys at my local California pool hall and the Teamplay crew in Toronto. In 2010, a friend convinced me to go to the Tornado Hall of Fame Classics in Las Vegas and I’ve been hooked since.
Outside of Foosball
For the last several years, my focus has been my family. My husband and I have two beautiful little souls - a 3.5 year old son and a 1.5 year old daughter. Aside from that, I’m a landscape photographer and an avid rock climber.
- 2014 Tornado World Championships, Handicapped Doubles Champion
- 2013 Texas State Championships, Women Singles Champion
- 2013 Hall of Fame Classics, Expert Women Singles 2nd place
- 2013 Hall of Fame Classics, Amateur Doubles 3nd place
- 2012 Hall of Fame Classics, Expert Women Doubles Champion
- 2012 World Championships, Amateur Women Singles Champion
- 2012 World Championships, Amateur Women Doubles Champion
- 2012 World Championships, Expert Women Singles 2nd place
- 2012 World Championships, Expert Mixed 2nd place
- 2011 Hall of Fame Classics, Women Doubles 3rd place
- 2010 NorCal Fireball Open, Open Mixed Champion